|Experience:||5-10 Years Experience|
Assistant OverviewHi, I’m Valerio. I have been working in the photography industry since 2015. Before moving on to assisting, I taught post-production at a photography school in London.
I began as a studio assistant and then I moved on to second/first assistant as well as Digi-Tech and retoucher. Originally from Italy, I’m now based in south London.
I have spent most of my assisting time on location, around Europe and the Middle East. This has given me a deep understanding on how to travel with photographic equipment and how to quickly tackle challenging weather conditions when the team needs to be most efficient. I have experience shooting in extreme cold / hot environments and also as a second shooter.
I’m highly proficient in post-production and colour management. I’m accustomed to working fast under tight deadlines and to delivering files for either digital or print use.
On top of capturing stills, I'm confident shooting video too.
Here’s an overview of my skills and equipment I have worked with:
- Camera systems: Canon, Sony, Nikon, Leica.
- Lighting: Aputure, Profoto, Elinchrom, Arri, Dedo.
- Software: Capture One, Lightroom, Photoshop, Camera RAW, Bridge, Da Vinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, VR and 360° stills.
- Languages: mother tongue Italian, fluent English, basic French
Equipment available to hire:
- 15-inch MacBook Pro (includes Capture One Pro, Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, Da Vinci)
- 27-inch Benq Monitor
- Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro
- Wacom Intuos Pro Small
- Sony A7 IV + lenses
- Leica M240 + lenses
- Blue hand painted background
- Manfrotto 190 Tripod + 410 Micro-metric geared head
- F&V K4000 SE Daylight LED Panel
- 500W flashes with a wide range of light shapers
I hold an Italian passport, a UK driving license and I have my own car.
I’m happy to travel/drive anywhere if required.
I play guitar and I’m a very good cook!
Please, get in touch to chat about your specific needs.
References can be provided on request.